A while ago when my son was younger and leaving the house was more difficult, I found myself staying home A LOT. Now he’s 4 and wants to go out and explore, and I am on board with outdoor activities now. I just recently moved from Los Angeles to Riverside County and I was on the computer researching fun things I can do with the kids this fall/winter and I am excited. No matter where you live, I think you will find similar fun ideas for the entire family in your area.
Fun with the Kids
- Go for walk and collect colorful leaves. You can as a family or individually make an art piece filled with the leaves you collected as a fun project.
- Go Apple picking. Willowbrook Apple Farm is not to far from Los Angeles or Riverside.
- Go for a hike and explore a nearby place.
- Whittier Turnbull Canyon is a 4 mile loop trail located near Whittier. Address: Turnbull Canyon Rd, Whittier, CA 90601
- Griffith Park trails with natural trail offering hills, picnic tables & views of surrounding neighborhoods. Address: 2715 N Vermont Canyon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Mount Rubidoux Park Natural terrain for dog-running, hiking & views, centered around a giant white cross at the summit. Address: 4706 Mount Rubidoux Dr, Riverside, CA 92501
- Play outdoor games such as football, baseball or basketball as a family.
- Make GingerBread house.
- Decorate Cookies.
- Watch your kids favorite movies one weekend. Eat and chat and give your undivided attention to each child with no technology or other things getting in the way.
- Collect pine cones to decorate for the dinner table centerpiece you call can admire for your family dinners.
- Have a picnic.
- Attend fall activities like a local festival.
- Bake a pumpkin or apple pie together.
- When you know snow has fallen & live near by:
- Go sledding
- Have a snowball fight
- Make snow angels
- Make a snowman.
Fun Activities for Adults
- Tour a winery.
- Take a weekend road trip.
- Go on a bike ride and enjoy the new fall weather.
- Go to your local amusement park (also a plus when you have kids).
- Host a wine & cheese night with close friends or family.
I’m looking forward to experiencing some of these activities this fall/winter with my family. I hope you find a few of these ideas above to enjoy with your family as well. Share some of your ideas in the comments below.